Creating and Installing your first WordPress site?
The WP Quick Start Series provides you with step-by-step guidelines to create a complete wordpress website from scratch.
The first post in this series provides you with a guide to install your first wordpress website on a web server.
Great! Lets get Started…
- Step 1.First lets watch the below video for a brief introduction to WordPress, then you are ready to go…
- Step 2. Next lets get your Domain and Hosting account from Hostgator.[Your hosting account is the place where your website files will be put so that people can access it across the internet.]
- Step 3. Next go to your website cpanel by going to “your-domain-name.com/cpanel” using your favorite browser[The Cpanel is your websites control center, here you can install software like wordpress, create e-mail accounts, provide FTP access, etc.]
- Step 4. Login to the Cpanel with your Hostgator account username and password.
- Step 5. Watch below video and use the Quickinstall Icon on your cpanel to install WordPress in 5 minutes
- Step 6. Next go to “your-domain-name.com/wp-admin”.
- Step 7. Login with your WordPress username and password, and you are ready to start adding content!